4 – 6 Servings
- 1 Pristine Foods whole chicken
- 2 oranges, sliced
Ingredients. Seasoned Butter
- ½ stick of butter, room temperature
- ½ tablespoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon minced garlic
Ingredients. Orange Sauce
- 4 large oranges juiced, or 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- ¼ cup water
- Mix the ingredients for the seasoned butter in a small bowl. Set the seasoned butter aside.
- Combine orange juice, marmalade, soy sauce, and brown sugar in a small pot. Cook on low / low medium heat until the brown sugar is dissolved.
- After the brown sugar is dissolved, turn the heat to low.
- In a separate dish, mix water and corn starch.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture into the orange sauce until the sauce is thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- After the orange sauce is thickened properly remove the orange sauce from low heat.
Directions to bake the Chicken:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chicken in a roaster pan.
- Gently pull skin loose from chicken breasts and smear seasoned butter between skin and meat.
- Slide orange slices between the skin and meat.
- Pull skin back to cover meat as much as possible.
- Place a few orange slices on top of the chicken.
- Cover with lid or foil. Ensure that the foil or lid does not contact the chicken.
- Spoon the sauce over chicken every 20 minutes.
- Remove cover once internal temperature reaches 155°F on a thermometer.
- Baste with melted seasoned butter and continue to bake the chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- If you prefer crispier skin broil the chicken on 450°F for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven. Liberally apply orange sauce to the chicken. Let the chicken rest for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with steamed rice and Asian vegetables.
- A great idea is to carve the chicken before serving. Then liberally apply the remaining orange sauce to the chicken pieces.