- 1 whole chicken, meat removed
- ½ cup coarse ground salt
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 celery stalks, cut in half
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 5 large carrots, cut in half
- 1 ½ – 2 gallons of water. Just enough to fully cover the chicken.
- Place all ingredients in a medium pot.
- Bring to a boil on medium high heat.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat so that the ingredients are at a very low simmer. Simmer for 4 hours.
- Remove from heat when veggies are soft and pale in color. Any chicken meat left should fall off the bones
- Remove all the vegetable ingredients and the chicken. Any meat still on the chicken should fall off the bones.
- Strain the liquid.
- The meat that remains can be seasoned according to your preferences and eaten.
- The vegetable that remain can be seasoned according to your preferences and eaten.
- If you will not be using the broth within 7 days, pour the broth in freezer safe containers and freeze it.
- If you are using the broth within 7 days, you can place the broth in the refrigerator.