Updated: May, 24th 2021
“Personal Information” generally means any information that identifies you as an individual, and any other information we associate with it. We collect a few categories of information, from a few different sources:
- Profile information and other content you voluntarily provide to us, which may include:
- Username and password
- Name, physical address, e-mail address, telephone number, payment information if you make a purchase through the Sites, and any other personal profile or account information you affirmatively provide to us
- Any content or contributions you post on the Sites (e.g., photos or comments)
- Any information you provide in communications with us, such as via e-mail.
- Information that is passively collected when you use the Sites, such as by our web servers and by third party analytics tools we use:
- Our system logs may record certain information about visitors to the Site, including the web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, mobile device identifiers, browser information, interaction with the Site, pages viewed, app usage, and other such information; we may collect similar information from emails you receive from us that can help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients
- We use certain cookies, pixel tags and other technologies to help us understand how you use the Sites and enable us to personalize your experience. We may ask advertisers or other third party partners to serve ads or services to your device(s), which rely on cookies or similar technologies placed on our Sites.
- We may detect the physical location of your device by, for example, using GPS information collected by mobile apps or location information shared by your web browser. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content, including advertising.
- We may receive information from third parties such as advertising and marketing partners, public databases, and social media platforms, to supplement the information we receive from you. If we do so, this policy governs how we can use that information.
How We May Use Personal Information We may use Personal Information as permitted by law, for the following business purposes:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests
- to send administrative information to you
- to complete and fulfill your purchase and/or your donation
- to provide you with updates and announcements concerning our products, promotions and programs and to send you invitations to participate in special programs
- to re-contact you if we have not heard from you in a while
- to send you advertising/promotional material from any of our affiliates, and from our promotional and strategic partners
- to personalize your experience on the Sites by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- to process rewards, prizes, and donations, as applicable
- to allow you to participate in polls, sweepstakes, instant win promotions, contests and other promotions and to administer these activities
- to permit you to participate in social sharing, including live social media feeds
- to perform analytics, quality control, market research, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and develop new products and services.
We may also use Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate for certain essential purposes, including:
- to comply with applicable law and legal process
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities
- to enforce our terms and conditions
- to protect our operations or those of our affiliates
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- To the extent permitted by law, all of your Personal Information may be disclosed with the following categories of third parties:
- to our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services and other services, to enable them to provide services
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings)
- in connection with the essential purposes described above (e.g., to comply with legal obligations).
- To the extent permitted by law, your name and contact information (and other public information) may be disclosed with the following categories of third parties:
- to third-party strategic partners with whom we may enter into a special relationship for promotional activities, where permitted by law
- To the extent permitted by law, information that is passively collected when you use the Sites may be disclosed with the following categories of third parties:
- our online and email advertisers or other third party vendors we use and who may provide cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies for use on our Sites or other websites to manage and improve our online and email advertising campaigns.
- For example, a vendor (e.g., Google, Facebook) may provide us with certain digital advertising pixels or other tools to recognize their cookies during your visit to the Sites and to learn which of our online advertisements may have brought you to our Sites, or to serve you with advertisements for Pristine Foods products, services, or events after you leave the Sites. These third party vendors may also use other digital advertising tools, as well as your Personal Information, to recognize you across the devices and online services you use.
DO NOT TRACK
THIRD PARTY SITES
We use physical, technical and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Information. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below (note that physical mail notification will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem).
YOUR CHOICES AND ACCESS RIGHTS
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
- To stop receiving phone, mail, SMS, and/or email marketing communications from us, please let us know as directed below in the “Contacting Us” Please specify which types of communications you no longer wish to receive, and the relevant telephone number, address, and/or e-mail address. If you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages.
- We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties if we have received and processed a request from you not to do so. To submit such a request, please contact us. Please note that we may continue to share your Personal Information with our affiliates, service providers, for essential purposes described above and other such circumstances.
How you can access or delete your Personal Information
- You may request a copy of the following: (1) The categories of Personal Information we collected about you; (2) The categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected; (3) The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the Personal Information; (4) The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information; and (5) The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- You may request that we delete your Personal Information. Note that deletion requests are subject to certain limitations, for example, we may retain Personal Information as permitted by law, such as for recordkeeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests.
To request a copy of the Personal Information we have collected about you, or to request that your information be deleted, please contact us. We will aim to complete your request as soon as reasonably practicable and consistent with any applicable laws.
If you have an account with us, you may also make certain changes directly through your account profile page. Please note that changes you make on your account profile page through one of our Sites may not always be reflected on other Sites operated by us.
If you are under 18 and a registered user of the Sites, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to the Sites by contacting us as directed below in the “Contacting Us” section. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user.
USE OF SITES BY INDIVIDUALS UNDER AGE 13
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such minors to disclose their Personal Information to us through the Sites. The Sites are directed to individuals who are permitted to share their Personal Information without parental consent. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us as directed below in the “Contacting Us” section.
- You may email us at: email@example.com
Please note that email communications are not always secure; so please do not include credit card information or other sensitive information in any emails to us.